Being stuck in bed while sick with pneumonia has allowed for lots of thinking, and lots of boredom. There are a few things that I have realized and wanted to share as a reminder to myself just in case I am here again.
1. TV sucks! Rogers Whole Home PVR is only good if it works. Investing in the movie channels for the sick period is a smart idea.
2. No matter what people say having a tv in your bedroom is a good thing!
3. Make sure you always have a hidden supply of saltines and red Gaterade for when you need it but can’t get yourself to the store. But be sure it is hidden cause if your house is like mine your kids and husband will eat and drink it if they know you have it.
4. Having someone change your sheets daily and fluff your pillows without disturbing you seems like a dream. Maybe hospitals aren’t so bad.
5. Take your robe off before you go to the bathroom. It is long and there is a very good chance it could end up where you don’t want it to go.
6. Be thankful you have 2 robes in case the above happens.
7. When you finally do start feeling like you want to eat watching the Food Network isn’t the best idea. stock to boring shows that won’t make you wanting to get into your car and drive 30 minutes to your closest deli for a smoked meat sandwich!
8. Don’t get out of bed, and if you do, close your eyes so you don’t see the mess that your house has become.
9. Forget about how your kids look going to school, most likely they know you are down for the count and won’t hold it against you if your kids have messy clothes or crazy hair. Just be happy they got there.
10. When you finally feel well enough to get up, stop. Hire someone to come and clean the house so you don’t feel the need to do the sink full of dishes.
11. Thank your wonderful husband who has been doing it all for you. Taking care of you and the kids is work. But don’t allow them a day off until you are 110% better or else you might end up right back in bed.
EDITED TO ADD:
12. A mini kitchen in your bedroom isn’t a crazy idea. Being able to get a cold beverage or heat your tea when stuck in bed is a luxury.
13. Be thankful for the stack of magazines that you haven’t had a chance to read but have recycled yet. 6 days in bed requires lots of excitement!
14. Having an iPad and iPhone is a positive. Because you will spend a lot of time on them and they will need charging. Always make sure one is fully charged while on the other.
15. Kittens think that you moving in bed is a game of attack. Wiggling your toes can keep them and you amused for at least 10 minutes!
16. Commercials that automatically turn the volume up really loud aren’t enjoyable. Why do companies do that?
Note: I am lucky to get the words out without falling asleep. Please excuse any bad spelling and grammar!
- Lindsay Brewda is a graphic designer, owner of GraceAnnouncements.com, wife and mother of two. A chocolate lover and Pearl Jam fan, Lindsay also loves to blog about her crazy life - raising kids while running a business!